Re: Request for new kernel package, for the maintenance team. (Kernel options: bigmem+vserver, combined)

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 14:33 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > My request is:
> > Please create and maintain a new package, that combines the kernel
> > options "bigmem" and the "vserver" into one packages - or maybe even
> > simpler, by just updating the existing vserver kernel package, with
> > the bigmem option.
> >
> > # CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
> > CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
> > CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
> >
> > Anyone else that thinks this is a good idea?
>
> no use amd64 for bigmem :)

Are you telling me that the amd64 version of vserver is including
CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y ??

I have both 32bit and 64bit servers, can the amd64 version run on both
server types?  (IBM x346, 3.2G Xeon - IBM x3650, QC2.66G, Xeon)

--
Johnny Damtoft <johnny@damtoft.dk>