Request for new kernel package, for the maintenance team. (Kernel options: bigmem+vserver, combined)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Request for new kernel package, for the maintenance team. (Kernel options: bigmem+vserver, combined)
- From: Johnny Damtoft <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:41:33 +0200
- Message-id: <1207388493.32482.34.camel@uxjod01>
I have a few Debian servers with aprox. 8GB of memory. I'm also running
vserver on this servers, and this gives me a problem using the kernel
packages that is provided by the Debian Kernel Team.
My request is:
Please create and maintain a new package, that combines the kernel
options "bigmem" and the "vserver" into one packages - or maybe even
simpler, by just updating the existing vserver kernel package, with the
# CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
Anyone else that thinks this is a good idea?
Johnny Damtoft <firstname.lastname@example.org>