Debian Installer Lenny Beta1: Status Update 4

Hello,

Here goes a new status update about release.

Please respect the reply-to header and please follow up to debian-boot
mailing list.

Bellow is the updated timeline:

+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|       Date       |                 What happens                  |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|March 8, 2008     |test of images starts                          | <=
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|March 12, 2008    |final image builds                             |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|March 16, 2008    |planned release date                           |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

We are in good shape for the release. Few pending things to be done
before final images can be built.

We are late due the buildd and arm building problems that delayed the
installer build for much longer then expected and I am considering to
reduce the "test of images starts" step.

It would be great if you could try the _daily_ installer images[1]
(weekly builds are not yet up to date) and report any problem you
find. It is better to report full installation reports instead of
contacting us throught mailing list since it provides the needed
information to identify if it is or not an installer issue.

There are few things to do for it to be done:

 - get final images built and tested;
 - finish release announcement[2];
 - finish human readable changelog[3];

The Release Announcement and the Human Redable Changelog proposed
changes should be send to the mailing list before changed on the wiki
so we can coordinate them. If you could take a look on them and see if
you think something need to be changed/added/removed, feel free to
contact us.

Cheers,

1. http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
2. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/ReleaseAnnounce
3. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/HumanReadableChangelogs/LennyBeta1

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."