Re: why the asix module disapear from linux-image-2.6.24-1-ixp4xx ?

Hi Maximilian

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2008-02-17 20:16]:
>
> > > I was using the asix module and I see that it was removed from the unstable
>  > > kernel package for nslu2.
>  > > Why ? does it move elsewhere ?
>  >
>  > The driver was removed by accident when the configuration files were
>  > reorganized. I've fixed the problem in the kernel subversion
>  > repository. Sorry for this oversight.
>
>  Seems like a good candidate for the top level config then (maks?).

CONFIG_USB_CATC, CONFIG_USB_KAWETH, CONFIG_USB_PEGASUS, and
CONFIG_USB_RTL8150 are not enabled in the config/config whereas the
rest of the USB network adapters (CONFIG_USB_NET_*) are enabled.

- Is this because the latter depend on CONFIG_USB_USBNET, and
therefore allows architectures to selectively enable these drivers by
enabling only one option (CONFIG_USB_USBNET)?

- If so, is config/arm/config the right place to enable
CONFIG_USB_CATC, CONFIG_USB_KAWETH, CONFIG_USB_PEGASUS, and
CONFIG_USB_RTL8150?

Thanks.

Gordon

--