Re: Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.24-3

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 03:14:35PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 06:49:20AM -0700, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> [2008-02-04 14:08]:
> > > I'd like to schedule the upload of linux-2.6 2.6.24-3 for tomorrow.
> > BTW, are the m68k folks aware that 2.6.24 doesn't build on m68k?
>
> cts uploads them by hand all the time, not good to use a different
> toolchain.

Sorry, I have no m68k running at home at the moment, this is all cross
compiled on amd64 and/or i386, and it compiles just fine (and the kernel
even booted on my mac until the mac decided to freeze again, but that is not
kernel related since older kernel images, that used to run fine, freeze
also). Building linux-2.6 on a real m68k machine will take about a week. If
we have a lot of spare CPU cycles, we can do that, until then I prefer to
cross-compile. But you are right, the kernel should be buildable on an m68k
box, which compiler are you using?

I did see a difference between trunk and sid, with the patches from trunk,
the kernel would not build, but with sid it did. I haven't figured out why
yet.

Christian