HighPoint- GPL Licensed Controller wants To be Include In Debian Distribution

Dear Debian Developer,

This is May Hwang, Product Manager from HighPoint Technologies.  HighPoint have launched a new series of H/W RAID controllers based on Intel 2nd generation PCI-express I/O processor, one main advantage is we are the only manufacturer integrate this Intel Fastest SATA I/O processor on HighPoint 4 and 8 ports controllers compares to others RAID controllers use 1st generation PCI-express of I/O Processor.

These Hardware RAID controllers offer GPL licensed Linux Open Source driver and have been accepted into 2.6.25 main kernel tree but since this is not a stable kernel version yet so our Debian system integrators still have to go through driver compilation in every installation process. Therefore, our Debian customers request HighPoint must work with Debian developer to include our linux drivers into the latest Debian Distribution. HighPoint is always looking ways to provide friendly use experience for customers so we will assign a dedicated firmware interface to work with Debian developer on this project.

We are looking forward to provide better support for Debian customers, let us know how to move forward?

Best Regards,

May Hwang

HighPoint Technologies,Inc.

Tel:408-240-6118

Fax-408-942-5800

www.highpoint-tech.com

www.hptmac.com

Distribution Partners: ASI, BellMicro, D&H, Malabs

"RocketRAID - Terabyte Storage Technologies"