Re: iwl4965 and rf_kill switch [was: Re: 2.6.24-rc7 experimental upload]

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:00:25 +0100, maximilian attems wrote:

> yep iwlwifi is still quite a young driver, 2.6.24 inclusion uncovered
> quite some bugs (wpa, rfkill, led, ..). although it is already much
> better then the initial submission we had backported in 2.6.23.

Dear Maximilian,

thanks for the answer.
I have managed to apply the second patch on the bugzilla report, but it
does not work. I'll report back to the iwlwifi bugzilla.

> currently it looks more like a gob it all or not approach
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/kernel/devel/linux-2.6-
wireless-pending.patch?view=markup
> quite unsure to advocate aboves huge patch at that point for etch kernel
> also. so currently prefering to stay on mainline with it.

I understand your point of view :)
I'll try and get hold of Fedora sources and see if I can work something
out.

Currently I have a perfectly functioning 2.6.22, so I am not left in the
cold and I can experiment freely.

Again thanks for your work!

--
Best Regards, Jack