Re: [patch] SB600/SB700/SB800 use same SMBus controller devID

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:58:41PM +0800, Shane Huang wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> We find that SB700 and SB800 use the same SMBus device ID as SB600,
> which
> is 0x4385, instead of the already submitted 0x4395.
> Please apply the attached new SMBus patch, which can remove the wrong
> applied SB700 SMBus patch submitted before:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commi
> t;h=c29c22218b99dad95f7cd0281415a854aeee805c
>
> Besides removing the SB700 wrong patch, the attached patch add SB800
> Support to kernel, by renaming the PCI_DEVICE_ID_ATI_IXP600_SMBUS into
> PCI_DEVICE_ID_ATI_SBX00_SMBUS.
>
> Would you please help to apply this new patch into Etch and Lenny after
> your review? Because the error device ID 0x4395 will be used in SB800
> SATA controller.
>
> The patch is generated on the base of linux-2.6.23-rc3, so maybe you
> need do some small backport to it when you apply it.

hey Shane,
 Please submit this as a bug report so that we have a reference for the
stable release team. I'd do it myself, but its probably better for you
to be the submitter so that you see updates as they come in.

You can file this bug so by sending this same e-mail to
'submit@bugs.debian.org' and using the following as the first few
lines of the body:

Package: linux-2.6
Version: 2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch1