Re: Call for 2.6.22-2 [Was, Re: 2.6.22]

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 12:00:26AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 02:45:26PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > This is fixed now, but in the meantime 2.6.22-1 has been uploaded.  (I'm
> > really tempted to disable the separate 'vserver' flavor for alpha to get
> > manageable build times on my ev56 for testing...)

> Drop the -legacy and -smp images.

The -legacy image is expendable only if we decide we don't want to provide
any kernel support for systems that don't work with aboot; there are systems
we haven't supported installing directly on since woody, but there is still
some interest in these on debian-alpha.

The -smp image cannot be merged into the -generic kernel because there are
problems today with relocations in some -smp modules, so an SMP build
currently has reduced functionality.  This may be a toolchain problem, and
there may be a workaround for it if I figure out how to set per-target build
flags for the kernel.