Re: what's up with #430646?

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> What's up with bug #430646?  The kernel team has (AFAICT) ignored the
> existence of the bug.

can you calm down a bit please?

First of all, this is unstable, you know, the distribution which can
have breakages from time to time...

Second, I do not upload new packages every five minutes just for some
minor changes, otherwise buildd maintainers are going to hate me.

Instead, I wanted to clarify the reason why ivtv fails[0] to build on
mips (#431411). This is a breakage /unrelated/ to the ipw* breakage and
needs to be addressed too. Excately *one* minute before you send your
mail, Ian Campbel just said, I should just ignore mips for ivtv, so a
new upload of linux-modules-contrib-2.6 makes sense *now*, that I have
all the information I need.

Third, conglomeration modules are a service to make things easier. Atm
only this services seems to fail for ipw* modules, however they do all
compile just well with module-assistant. If you are in a hurry, you can
always just build the module yourself with:

  # m-a a-i ipw3945

Thanks for your patience, or not
Daniel

[0] http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=linux-modules-contrib-2.6