Re: Generic IDE support: initrd boot module parameters

Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 20:30, Jacob L. Anawalt wrote:
>> There seems to be no facility
>> in the initrd made by mkinitramfs to pass command line module
>> parameters to modprobe.
>
> Yes, there is. See
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s02.html#module-parms
>
> Not 100% sure it will work for this case, but in principle it should.

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. If it works that way, it's reassuring. At this moment I am not sure how to build a d-i image with a custom kernel and initrd to test it.

Do you know if this is d-i parsing /proc/cmdline, or if this function is in mkinitramfs or modprobe? If it is in the output of mkinitramfs I missed it grepping it's temporary output when building an initrd.

I still think it would be nice if this "just worked"(tm) no matter how
the module is compiled or when it is loaded.

--
Jacob