Re: Solving the linux-2.6 firmware issue

Marc Haber <mh+debian-kernel@zugschlus.de> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 10:54:42PM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
>> The following drivers will be completely removed from the next upload,
>> because they contain legally not distributable components:
>>
>> keyspan
>
> So keyspan USB devices will be useless with Debian kernels in the very
> near future, since there is no alternative to the kernel driver?

I don't think we'll have any other solution on Etch release
time. Would be good to work on upstream side to resolve this problem
there and then brings this driver back to Debian throught them.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116