Re: Please remove obsolete wanrouter module

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:10:13AM +0000, Ben Thompson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been having problems getting a Sangoma A102d E1/T1 telephony
> interface card working on my Debian system. The Sangoma folks provide
> software which builds a kernel module and other packages and they have
> a debbuild option to build a Debian package. However, it turns out
> that the package will not install because it contains a file called
> wanrouter.ko which is already present in the standard Debian kernel
> packages. As, I understand it this is an obsolete version of the
> driver and I would like to request that this is removed from future
> Debian kernel packages.

hey Ben,
 It doesn't look like wanrouter has been touched in upstream in a long
while, but we can't say that there are no users of it. Some
suggestions that might help:
 * See if Sangoma can get their changes accepted into the upstream
   kernel - this way all distributions will automatically get a
   working version
 * Ask Sangoma to use dpkg-diversions to replace the system-provided
   module

--
dann frazier