Re: kernel 2.6.22-2-k7

mystified wrote:
> When I upgraded my system several weeks ago I went to boot into the new
> kernel and got messages like the following:
>
> device /sys/block/sda/sda5/dev no such file or directory
> devise /sys/block/sda/sda5/dev seems to be down
> /bin/mknod missing operand after 'b'
>
> then it ends with kernel panic not syncing.
>
> I have been updating daily to see if a new kernel was released and as
> far as I can tell none has.

Hi Barbara

I had a problem like this on an amd64 booting on a sata drive, it turned
out the solution was to mount the drives using labels, the scsi stack
has had some re-ordering lately, because of the order of recognition of
various devices during the bootup phase.

--
regards
Robert G. Moonen

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,
it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer - German philosopher (1788 - 1860)