Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On 11140 March 1977, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

> You're not checking for copyright violations or for non-free stuff in
> all other packages.

I wonder what I did to all those thousands of packages I had in NEW in
the past.

> IMHO, it's not the ftp-master's job to check with each upload if a
> number of DDs follow the social contract as they should.

It *is* *THE* ftp-masters job to check each and every upload that ends
up in NEW before it hits the archive.

> If there is indeed a problem, we should try to solve this once and
> forever, shouldn't we?

If the kernel team has a good solution that lets us trust such a
*simple* mistake wont happen again - sure. I do *not* want to check it
every time if I can avoid it.

--
bye Joerg
<liw> we have release cycles, that's why it takes so long to get a