Re: Scheduling linux-2.6 2.6.18.dfsg.1-14

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:48:26PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> We said we want to upload to stable more often. As this did not happen,
> I schedule the upload of 2.6.18.dfsg.1-14 for sunday.

Then I schedule my rejection of it for Sunday afternoon since you have
not obtained permission from the stable release team.

Why do you think its better to threaten an unapproved upload than to
just ask me about the status, or to ask for approval? Sheesh, I've no
idea why you prefer to be so hostile.

> Missing things:
> - Check of 3ware-change.
> - Check of intel agp change.
> - Check of forcedeth change.
> - Check of rfcomm change.
>
> Anything else missing? What is the state of 2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch2?

A security update is in preparation (probably end of this week). There
are also other things in flux:
 * I'm working with AMCC to see if they can test the 3ware change on
   older cards
 * The intel agp change is not the correct fix, maks is working on
   reproducing the problem
 * forcedeth change needs verification

I'm happy to revert unverified stuff temporarily to get something into
proposed-updates, but I'd rather merge in the changes from -13etch2
first since it is happening soon and therefore makes the current etch
branch a non-candidate for a stable update.

--
dann frazier