Re: CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS is not set on PowerPC

On 2007-08-27 11:54:44 +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> daenzer@debian.org wrote:
> >> Any one knows why official PowerPC kernels are configured with
> >> CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS unset? This makes programs using some pty's
> >> fail to work. See bug 430632 for instance.
> >It might help if you asked the kernel team. :) CC added.
> I think we call these packages "badly broken".
> System V PTYs have been the standard for too many years to care about
> a few broken packages.

OK. But CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS was defined in official Debian x86
kernels, so that most maintainers probably could not see the
problems, and it could take months/years to get them fixed.
But it seems that CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS is no longer defined in
2.6.22 for x86 either (it was defined in 2.6.18 for x86).