Re: dkt - debian kernel toolkit

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Bastian Blank wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Some of you already know that I'm working on something new. It is for
> named dkt, debian kernel toolkit[1]. It is a replacement for the
> maintainer script parts of kernel-package. But it can be extended to do
> much more.
>
> The features for a first release should be at least:
> - Support for linux, xen and xenolinux images.
> - Generic image sorting and selection like update-grub, but more
>   configurable (see [2] for some preliminary examples).
> - Support for grub, lilo, zipl and yaboot.
> - fstab-rewriting (this is not part of the core implementation).
> - Support for initramfs-tools.

cool

there is a small whishlist bug for the dkt todo #395089
disable suspend to disk on upgrade

what the user probably will ask if dkt can build an
kernel.org vanilla kernel?

> The following things probably won't be supported:
> - symlink-farm in /boot.
>
> The design looks a little bit like Apache. The real functionality is
> loaded as modules and are glued together with a rather small core.
>
> Bastian
>
> [1]: http://multibuild.org/documentation/dkt
> [2]: http://multibuild.org/documentation/dkt/config/system-config

what i'm not sure about is having the root hard in that config
that would make the thing very debian specific instead of
the generic location of bootloader.conf + fstab

--
maks