Re: fstab update for persistent device names

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 07:42:20PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 10:47:00AM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > > We need to decide which arches needs this rewrite now and which value
> > > should be filed in.
> > And also, how should we re-write them? Should we just provide
> > documentation, or also provide a utility to do it?
>
> You don't want to do things manual if you can automate them.
> No. Maintainer scripts must not change _any_ conffile.

What is your idea for implementing this?  Creating a utility that
must be manually executed by the administrator? If so, how will the
the admin be informed that they need to run it - by causing
linux-image preinsts to error out if old-style names are detected?

--
dann frazier