Re: VIA 6103 networking driver gets slow at high bandwidth usage

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 01:00:38PM +0200, victor nawothnig wrote:
> Package: linux-image
> Version: 2.6.18-4-k7
>
> If I run P2P applications such as rtorrent or uTorrent (under wine)
> and they max out my download bandwidth (~1.2MByte/s) my network gets
> incredibly slow. Ping latency to my local router is ~1s instead of
> 0.5ms. Closing the application decreases that ping to ~10s, restarting
> it decreases it to ~1s again. Since this started happening when I
> upgraded my kernel during a dist-upgrade from Etch to Lenny I suppose
> it is the driver within the kernel, that may cause that problem.
> Hardware itself is fine.

hey Victor,
 Your best bet for getting this fixed is to help narrow down when the
change occurred as much as possible.

I just created this page that should help explain how to do that:
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernelReportingBugs

--
dann frazier