Re: 2.6.21 branched and changes for .22

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 02:28:29PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 10:51:51PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 01:31:46PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > Changes for .22:
> > > - move debian/arch -> debian/config. it includes anything.
> > > - Replace the term subarch with something else, it is missleading. I
> > >   only have one new term yes: featureset.
> > > - Make it possible to configure whole featuresets at once. (Mostly
> > >   enable them with one entry, not 6.)
> > - Drop linux-tree.
> > - Drop the ability to get all revisions from the patch.
>
> Not an option.  This is required for GPL compliance at release time.

This is not required for GPL compliance at release time.

In the current kernel packaging set, there is no reason to keep the
older package around, and in fact, we strongly decourage to keep the
older packages around, and keeping them around should be considered RC
buggy.

Let's finish the work started with the unification of the kernel
packages after the sarge release, and drop all legacy/obsolete
requirements like this one to help us move into the future.