Re: SATA Install problems

Doing a lspci -vnn, I see that 00:12.0 is described as a SATA Controller. There is nothing in the lspci stanza about this device which indicates that it is a JMicron 360, which is what the manual says it is.

If I look through the 2.6.20-1-k7 kernel config, the option CONFIG_PATA_JMICRON is not set. Since all the evidence I've seen from Ubuntu, Gentoo, ... points to libata support for pata_jmicron needs to be there in order for things to work. Well, work well. I could try to operate all-generic-ide.

I guess I'll try to compile an initrd kernel myself (under all-generic-ide).

[ It sure would be nice to see some comments on this.  :-) ]

Gordon Haverland