Re: 2.6.21

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:21:48AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:09:50PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 06:45:47PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> > > heya,

> > > upload planed for wednesday to experimental.

> > > to make it available, also due to dynticks it sounds like the much better
> > > candidate for the next d-i beta round.  although there is no new xen
> > > patch, kvm should already be interesting in 2.6.21.
> > > buildserver seem not to pick up trunk.

> > Will there be any more 2.6.20 uploads for sid? There are 1-2 RC bugs
> > that can be fixed (iirc), I've just been holding off on them because I
> > saw "2.6.21 sid" in the topic.

> well if the consesus is that 2.6.21 belongs to sid,
> i'm very happy with that.

If 2.6.20 is in good shape otherwise, I think it would be beneficial to push
2.6.20 into testing so we have an updated kernel there sooner rather than
later; I know the SRMs are itching to have a kernel update for etch r1, and
having a newer kernel in testing is a prereq for that, plus the sooner we
can get linux-libc-dev into testing the better IMHO.

This does require one more round of kernel new processing anyway for alpha,
so I guess my opinion on whether we should have another upload of 2.6.20
depends on how long folks think that NEW processing would take vs. how long
getting 2.6.21 into a testing-worthy state will take.