Re: why does r8375 change the ABI?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 06:23:47PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> The linux-2.6 build reports that this patch (fix for CVE-2006-5753)
> breaks the ABI - but I can't seem to figure out why.

Can you please provide the output of the abi check? Are only some
functions affected or all?

> Troy Heber narrowed down the breakage to the addition of the
> #include <linux/poll.h> line, but he couldn't identify the change in
> the object files.

He need to check the debugging output of the versions tool. It does a
source-level check and may be confused by some construct.

Bastian

--
Not one hundred percent efficient, of course ... but nothing ever is.
		-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8