Re: Generic IDE support: initrd boot module parameters

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 00:49, Jacob L. Anawalt wrote:
> Thank you for pointing me in that direction. If it works that way, it's
> reassuring. At this moment I am not sure how to build a d-i image with
> a custom kernel and initrd to test it.

Could you please try with the current version of the installer from [1]?
With the latest kernel, the generic module should now accept the
all_generic_ide parameter.

You will need to boot the installer with:
   install generic.all_generic_ide=1

TIA,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/