Re: Etch: Debian kernel compilation with Xen support

"JSergey" <sergey@ircd.com.ru> writes:

> Please help: how to make Debian kernel (2.6.18) with Xen 3 support?
> Precompiled Debian kernels does not support my hardware (backport for
> intel-agp is needed).
>
> I use script from
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=382699;msg=12 and
> commands:
> $ tar xfvj /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.18.tar.bz2
> $ cd linux-source-2.6.18
> $ cp /boot/config-2.6.18-3-amd64 .config
> $ make-kpkg --added-patches xen clean
> $ fakeroot make-kpkg --added-patches xen --config=menuconfig --initrd
> kernel-image
> I enable "Privileged guest" in menuconfig, but this kernel does not work
> (message from grub:
> unknown executable format).

Did you add a grub menu entry like the xen doku says? You need to boot
the hypervisor and add the kernel and initrd as modules.

You should install xen-linux-system... to get all depends installed
and then you have an automatic entry from the official debian kernel
as a template.

MfG
        Goswin