Bug #393092 initrd-tools hit again

Dear Debian Kernel Team!

Although I know that your time is approaching zero this days, I'd like to point out that I had to face a problem with initrd-tools.

I'm running an old system with an old kernel that depends on initrd-tools.
After upgrading libc6 due to a dependency my kernel should have been removed, exactly as Kevin McCarty outlined. This is not nice :-(
I managed to get around by installing initrd-tools 0.1.84.1 manually.

The bug was closed and the package remove without an apparent solution in the BTS, so this seems to have been overlooked.

Thanks

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>