Re: RFC: ipw3945-daemon

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 10:27:24AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> jurij@wooyd.org wrote:
>
> >potential for all kinds of race conditions. I think that the best way
> >to make it more robust is to go back to having a regular /etc/init.d
> >file, which will both run at boot time and can be called from modprobe
> >(in that case it will just do nothing if the filesystem is not
> >writeable).
> No, this is totally stupid. The daemon must be started in exactly one
> place.

If you have a robust and race-free technical solution on how to
restrict the daemon start process to the time interval between the
invocations of S36mountall-bootclean (which cleans out the /var/run
directory) and S39ifupdown (which brings up the network), I'm all
ears. Otherwise, continuing this discussion looks like a waste of time
to me.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org