Kernel width "HIGMEM64G=y" kills my adaptec hw-raid

Hi!

I think I found a bug in kernel-source-2.6.8-16sarge4. I'm trying to
compile it width HIGHMEM64G support as I have 12Gbyte RAM. To compile it I
run:

# make-kpkg clean
# time fakeroot make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=kk2 kernel_image
kernel_headers modules_image kernel_source

I install it width dpkg and everything looks fine.
I restart and finds my new kernel in Grub-bootloader

When it get's to the line below it stops:

I wait a minute two and then both my 36Gb scsi-disks starts to indicate
DISK FAILURE. I also get som SCSI-bus reset error. I have a adaptec
raid-controller with a raid-1 setup for the two disks. To get the server
going again I have to unconfigure both disks in the
"adaptec-bios-raid-configuration-tool" and then reconfigure everything and
build a new raid.

The only thing I add to the kernel is the HIGHMEM64G support using "make
menuconfig" If I compile the kernel adding nothing everthing works fine
except for the last 8Gbyte RAM that I'm unable to use.

Here's a diff between the to kernel configs.
m0002:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8# diff .config_working .config
119,120c119,120
< CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
< # CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
---
> # CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
121a122
> CONFIG_X86_PAE=y
1973d1973
< CONFIG_VIDEO_MEYE=m

Am I doing something wrong or have I found a bug?

\\Marcus