Re: Preparing linux-2.6 2.6.18-1

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:13:14PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > And exactly this is what it is all about: find a way to satisfy BOTH
> > priorities, not just one.
>
> No. It is about the definition of "our users".
>
> If "our users" are dependent on non-free software, then we indirectly
> say in our social contract that free and non-free software is of equal
> concern to us.

this is what section 5 of the social contract is about. let me cite the
relevant part:

"Thus, although non-free works are not a part of Debian, we support their
use and provide infrastructure for non-free packages"

> I claim that "our users" does not include users of non-free software.

This is a contradiction to the social contract.

> I would even say that such users are free-riders of free software, if
> their use is dependent on our system which is "100% free software".

This is insulting.

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--