Re: Preparing linux-2.6 2.6.18-1

On Thursday 21 September 2006 08:43, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 05:20:39PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Frederik and I discussed this on IRC and AFAICT this plan will work
> > for
>
> Ah, i thought you didn't want to have this kind of discussion on irc :)

You really don't have any clue what "working together" means, do you?

There is a huge difference between on the one hand giving an "OK go
ahead" (which was what you were aiming at) on IRC and thereby limiting
the discussion to a select few who happen to be online an on that
particular channel at that time, and on the other hand cooperatively
drafting a mail that will be the basis for open discussion on the lists.

Federik asked me to review his draft mail and thus we discussed some of
the issues so that the first mail would have the best possible initial
proposal for further discussion. I will always be happy to do _that_ on
IRC.

Thanks again Frederik.

P.S. No, the smiley does not make your comment funny or even less serious.