Re: Will there be Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Support?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 05:00:26PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 06:29:37AM -0600, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> > Will Etch have Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG support?
>
> As external module, maybe. It was declined by kernel upstream in the
> current form.
>
> Bastian
If it will be supported as an external module does that mean a separate
package, and is there a proposed maintainer for it yet?  I ask only
because I am willing to help in any way and would be willing to help
package something I need for my own computer.  I will say though I am
new to packaging(I have two a sponsor is helping me with) but am willing
to work at it especially if somebody will give me some pointers.  Thanks
a lot. :)
              Joseph Smidt

Joseph Smidt
jsmidt@byu.edu