Re: linux-2.6 testing migration

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 09:09:18PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Seems to be resolved now.
>
> > -15 will again hit NEW.
>
> And if there are failures again with -15, can we expect a -16 soon that
> fixes them *without* needing to add new packages?

As said, the new -prep flavour will need NEW handling.

On the other side, we could really consider an automated NEW handling for
kernel packages. I mean, i have never seen the ftp-master argue about any new
binary package that was split out of the kernel packages, and i think the
kernel team is responsible enough to do the right thing there, and probably is
the one holding the responsability for deciding that, so any NEW handling done
for this purpose is only time-wasting for whatever ftp-master has (or has not)
time to process the NEW queue.