Re: [2.6.16-rc6-686] mod/modpost broken - wrong architecture!

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:34:17AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> There are some possible fixes for that problem, any of them needs a
> rebuild of any binaries in the scripts directory:

- Build as a seperate package (reinvent updated version of
  kernel-kbuild-2.6).
  This solution needs a different modpost, as the original version is
  dependant on the endianess and wordsize of the target; I have one
  available. (ths noted that there may problems with the struct
  allignment but this may make cross building of modules for this arch
  impossible anyway.)
  Also this solution makes it easy to cross compile modules, as the
  binaries which needs to be executed on the host are executable.

Bastian

--
Youth doesn't excuse everything.
		-- Dr. Janice Lester (in Kirk's body), "Turnabout Intruder",