Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 01:00:19PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit <pierre.habouzit@m4x.org> wrote:
>
> > I know Sven may sometimes be a bit overpresent in some trolls, he also=20
> > may answer too quick, without having read the mail he answers to=20
> > correctly enough. But AFAICT, I've always seen him apologies when he=20
> > did so (I can provide links if you can't believe me).
>
> Sven has insulted me and accused me of engaging in a conspiracy against
> him and his employers in order to cover up my own incompetence on more
> than one occasion without any hint of an apology.

Well, this was on the ubuntu irc channel, when you where all presenting
excuses for not having applied the patch that allowed the pegasos to be fully
supported on ubuntu, even though i did so one month before the release, and
nobody commented on that bug.

I was a bit short on you, because you started to make noise about the reason
for the refusal being a #include being wrongly placed in the patch, and a
printk that was not strictly necessary, which i think for someone like you or
the ubuntu kernel team is a joke reason not to even do a single reply on the
bug report.

Then you can add the fact that the ubuntu kernel people are making noise on
public conferences about unifying the kernel (based on their stuff) for all
debian and debian based distros, while nobody at the debian kernel team is
aware of that, and contrary to when fabbionne was the ubuntu kernel
maintainer, ben collins hardly communicates with us.

I gave up on trying to communicate with the ubuntu kernel folk about pegasos
support since then, and when i learned they dropped the mkvmlinuz support
with a "nobody should be using oldworlds by now" comment, which was extremely
clueless as oldworlds don't use it, only ibm chrp, pseries and the pegasos,
weeks after genesi became a ubuntu partner, i decided to let this pass by the
hierarchical way instead.

I note also that Andres Salomon is now, to a degree, involved with the ubuntu
folk, which is ok with me, but may color his request with regard to the above.

I also remember that you where much less than curteous and extremely
patronizing when i proposed myself to handle the ubuntu powerpc kernels, a
year or so ago, when i still believed that cooperation was possible, and i
never heard you apologize for that, so should we expulse you for both being
offensive to me (and having gone over to the ennemy :) ?

So, please tell me when i have said anything such to you in the context of
debian, i would be very surprised about it.