Re: renaming kernel-patch-* to linux-patch-* ?

#include <hallo.h>
* Filippo Giunchedi [Sat, Feb 18 2006, 06:29:40PM]:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if it would sensible to rename kernel-patch-* to
> linux-patch-* to follow current rename from kernel- to linux- (sorry if
> this has been discussed before, pointers welcome)
> This rename would be good only for linux-related kernel patches, I thought
> also about keeping kernel-patch- namespace and have some kind of
> kernel-aware tool to apply patches conditionally, but it is not definitely
> worth the effort (the same patch is unlikely to be present at the same
> time in two different kernels)

I don't think that the gain would justify the costs of that transition.
There are just too few users of kernel-patch packages and those who
install them already know what they are looking for.

Eduard.