Re: suspend2-patch in forthcoming Etch?

maximilian attems wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:16:50PM +0100, Andre Massing wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> will be there any chance to include anything like a linux-patch-suspend2 for
>> the shipped kernel? This is one of the patches I am really missing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andre
>
> no it is not accepted upstream, push nigel to submit upstream.

 What does this exactly mean? Must Nigel submit it to upstream? AFAIK (at
least from my experience and feedback within the suspend2-ML his patches are
in rather good shape, applying and working flawlessly in most situations.
There used to be a kernel-suspend patch ( which was maintained by Martin
Krafft AFAIK) in experimental and I am wondering why it disappeared.

Cheers,
Andre