Re: preparation for 2.6.18-6 kernel upload on monday 20th of november 2006.

Moin,
On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:36:48PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hi, ...
>
> As you may know, or not, we are waiting for the abi-breaking 2.6.18-6 to be
> uploaded for pushing the 2.6.18 kernel into etch.
>
> It seems 2.6.18.3 is announced for saturday, so this would mean a natural
> tentative schedule of let's say monday the 20th of november 2006 as upload
> date.
>
> Is there any comment on this ? Anyone has any particular stuff they would like
> included before -6 is released ? Or otherwise comments on this tentative
> deadline ?

I'd like to re-enable building atari images for m68k, 2.6.18 with some
patches is working on atari again and we might even haven two new drivers
for network hardware (one of those is working on our uberfast Falcons
already, they other one might, but we are still waiting for the hardware,
that's how new it is). Unfortunately I am a little handicapped right now and
I also managed to shoot down my atari, so it might be a little difficult to
test, once I have the patches sorted out. This would not change anything
with the existing m68k images, it would just (re-)add another one, which
means we have to go through new, but we have to anyhow because of the abi
change?

Christian