Re: RFC: ipw3945-daemon

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:41:48AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> >I would appreciate any comments and suggestions regarding packaging,
> >before I upload it.
> The daemon should be started by modprobe (or udev) as a side-effect of
> driver has not been loaded yet.
> Please implement that, your packaging as-is does not add much over the
> binary package.

Thanks for the comments. As I don't have much experience in it, I've
asked Bastian Blank for advice, and he suggested that it's better to
do it with udev rules, since then we can be sure that the needed sysfs
entries have been created by the time the script runs. However, one
problem with that approach is that it is impossible to rmmod the
module then, as the daemon needs to be *stopped* before the module is
removed, otherwise rmmod aborts with "ERROR: Module ipw3945 is in
use". Is there a way to work around this problem in udev, or should I
just stick to modprobe instead?

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org