With the current resolution under vote, tg3 WILL HAVE TO GO, this is against what we want ...

Hello, ...

I want to bring your attention, especially those of maks and kyle and a few
others who vehemently protested the removal of firmwares from the debian
kernel.

The current proposal, which Frederik has accepted, and Manoj, wearing his
double proposer-secretary hat, has hurryied forward, and we thus have only a
few days before it is effective, namely until sunday 15. Anyway, this proposal
says :

  We assure the community that there will be no regressions in the progress
  made for freedom in the kernel distributed by Debian relative to the Sarge
  release in Etch

  We give priority to the timely release of Etch over sorting every bit out;
  for this reason, we will treat removal of sourceless firmware as a
  best-effort process, and deliver firmware in udebs as long as it is
  necessary for installation (like all udebs), and firmware included in the
  kernel itself as part of Debian Etch, as long as we are legally allowed to
  do so, and the firmware is distributed upstream under a license that
  complies with the DFSG.

Which means a few things. For one, we cannot add into the etch kernels any of
the firmware which where stripped for sarge, and second, we will have to get
ride of all the firmware which are illegal to distribute (we agreed to get
ride of this one), but also those who are de-facto under the GPL, which we
agreed to keep. In particular this will mean that tg3 has to go, others
probably too.

THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANTED.

And i don't understand why Frederik has accepted this proposal, and not even
seconded the more mature proposal at :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/10/msg00183.html

Nor why any of you have not taken the time to look at the current situation
and second it.

I know we are all bored to death over this, and some of you may be over angry
that i again snapped at Frans, but please wake up, and don't let a vote be
happeneing, which everyone wants to get over with, which will not result in
what we really wanted to achieve.