[sven.luther@wanadoo.fr: [PROPOSAL] Let's ship all firmwares included inthe pristine upstream kernel tarball in debian/etch.]

Hi fellow kernel team members.

In these past weeks i have been trying to work on a proposal for solving the
firmware GR, which would be consensual, and everyone could second. The d-i
team leadership (well, joeyh and fjp), have clearly said they will not do so,
vorlon's position changes from day to day, and even folk inside the kernel
team seem to disagree with the new proposal, which you can find at :

  http://wiki.debian.org/KernelFirmwareLicensing

And on top of that, i get insults and bashing from frans on -vote, and general
agressiveness on #d-d and assorted channels, it seems clear to me that there
is no will of the debian project to sort this out in the best of ways, and a
general agressiveness against me in general.

As thus, i lost enough time to try to get this sorted out, and we will have to
take more of our time later on to either implement what comes out of the GR,
and to solve this issue, which is not acceptable given the the bashing and
very little respect for the amount of work this represents that we get.

I want you to be aware of this new proposal, so that those who feel inclined
like that can second it. I also am seriously thinking in taking a few month of
sabatical with regard to debian, as it is clear that a part of the project
wants to get ride of me, and i probably have better things to do than exposing
myself to such.

Friendly,

Sven LUther
----- Forwarded message from Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> -----