Wacom Tablet Driver dosen't work as expected

Hello,

I've installed Linux kernel 2.6.17-2-k7 a few days ago. But the wacom driver for my Volito2 Tablet seems to do nothing. It's loaded on pluging in the USB-device, but I could not receive any vital signs from the relevant /dev/input/event?.
Trying kernel version 2.6.18 from Sid has no other result.
The kernels 2.6.16 and former kernels are working fine.
As well does kernel 2.6.17 with self compiled modules form linuxwacom.sf.net (tested production: 0.7.4-3 and development: 0.7.5-4).

Through I'm more user than expert, I hope this are all informations you need.

Meinert Jordan