Re: Kernel version for etch 4.0 release?

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:11:20AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the same question as I asked a bit more than a month ago.
> I can see that 2.6.18 is available in unstable and 2.6.17 is
> available in testing. Which one will be the one for the release?
> Do you know that (assuming release sometime in the end of the year
> or early next year) or is it still an open issue?

The kernel team strongly favours a 2.6.18 kernel for etch, already many fixes
are only in the 2.6.18 kernel, and not in the 2.6.17 one, but d-i is still
building 2.6.17 daily builds, and aim to do a -rc1 release with 2.6.17 (which
i believe to be a mistake in the long run, but what can i say).