Re: debian kernel patches

Saied Taghavi <saied_taghavi@yahoo.com> writes:

> hi every body
> i'm developing another distro and i found that hardware support of debian is
> great so i want to know which kernel patches applied to debian kernel . please
> give me the complete list if possible.
> thanks

> Try the [[all-new Yahoo! Mail]] . "The New Version is radically easier to use"
> -- The Wall Street Journal

Debian works with a (except for removals of undistributable stuff) vanilla
source and a debian patch on top of that. They are kept seperat for
simpler maintainability. If you install kernel-tree-2.6.17 you will
see that it will fetch the kernel source and the debian patch as 2 deb
packages. The debian patch (like any kernel patch package on debian)
resides in /usr/src/kernel-patches (in subdirs). You should read the
make-kpkg documentation and the kernel wiki for details how to use it
and how it is organized.

MfG
        Goswin