Re: make-kpkg and kernel-headers

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 12:28:38PM +0200, Bjoern Boschman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building my own kernel-* packages using:
>
> "make-kpkg buildpackage --initrd --rootcmd fakeroot --revision 03 --append-to-version
> -sun-x4100-x4200"
>
> Afterwards my /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build symlink always points to the directory where I've
> build my packges (/usr/src/linux-2.6.17), but it should point to the
> /usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r` directory. What am I doning wrong?

Nothing - that is the intended behavior of kernel-package. (At least,
if I remember my conversation with Manoj correctly..)

The belief being that if users build their own kernel, then that build
tree is the desired place for the symlink to point.

I'm not sure what the best way is to make this automatically point to
the headers dir.

--
dann frazier