Re: linux-2.6: includes nondistributable and non-free binary firmware

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 10:50:33PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:00:18 +0200 Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > Erm, some guys tried to kick me out of debian for showing
> > unpoliteness, so please moderate your language here.
>
> ...and repeating over and over and over and over, like here!

Well, we would not have been in this mess, if *YOU* had not forced me to over
and over and over and over mention the ide-generic issue, and the mess you
made of yaird, and if i had not decided that discussion was enough, and
actually investigated the issue and proved beyond all doubt that i was right
in it.

I still have not stomached how you chose to not credit my part of that work in
the yaird changelog when you finally reverted the patch you took half an hour
in real-life explaining to me that you should not even look at it in erkelenz,
when i proposed to you quite friendly, lets site together and have a look and
fix it. I even came back positively and constructively 4 days in a row just to
end the day in the same state of complete and total exhasperation over your
impossible and stuborn position, which was just plain wrong as it was proven
in the end, and this just as i learned that my mother had terminal cancer,
altough you didn't know about this (but others did and chose not to care).

As for the rest, i have made many proposals to settle the issues with the d-i
team and frans, even twice appealed to the DPL, but to no result so far, they
have fully refused any proposal of settlement since all those months, and are
the sole responsibles for me always coming back with this, especially as they
regularly continue to bash me, like Frans has done since over a year now.

So, i would expect a bit more humility in your own claims when saying things
like the above, and to reflect a bit on the part of responsability you have in
the current state of affairs before you say stuff like the above.

I do appreciate your position on the expulsion request by Andres though, and i
have thanked you for it already in the past, and will repeat this again now.