Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 09:53:48PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
> > Is it an aggregation with the image linked into the binary?
>
> It doesn't matter for Debian's purposes.
>
> While the GPL permits shipping a GPL'd program "merely aggregated"
> alongside a non-free program, we don't ship the nonfree part no matter
> what, so it hardly matters to us whether it's also a GPL violation.
>
> Thomas

stop abusing debian-kernel, this thread is pointless.
either you contribute as already pointed out by Md and fs
or you may want start whining at other places.

--
maks

ps stripped debian-release ml from cc:
i'm not a d-release regular, but i fail to see any posted relevance.