Modules & 2.6.16

I need to prevent a module from loading at boot (ehci-hcd) in order
toget my scanner to work. I have put it in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d and
it has worked fine until i updated to kernel 2.6.16 (debian testing
standard kernel), after that the module is loaded evey time I boot. How
can I stop it from beeing loaded when I boot.
--
Cattle die, kinsmen die, thyself too soon must die,
     but one thing never, I ween, will die,