Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 12:58:33AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>>
>> >   4) pass a GR explaining the issue as is, and admitting our
>> >   incapacity to fix it with 2 or 3 due to lack of ressources.
>>
>> We do not need a GR to simply follow our existing procedures.
>
> Sure, we do, because wehad a pre-sarge GR, which allowed to ignore the
> firmware (and other issues), but only for the sarge release, remember ?

We can simply take our time to do (2).  It is the job of a package
maintainer to check the licenses of their software; if the kernel team
cannot do so by December, even with help, I don't mind waiting.

However, what started this thread IIRC was a complaint that the kernel
team was *closing* the relevant bugs.