Re: Patch for 2.6.17 kernel

hello,

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:20:26AM -0700, Allyn, Mark A wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have a patch for the 2.6.17 kernel sources that I got from the
> unstable
> release; this patch is for the Intel e1000 network device driver.
> The source for this patch is on the upstream source for the e1000 driver
>
> at e1000.sourceforge.net.
>
> This is a patch of about 15000 lines.

merge it upstream,
Debian uses mostly vanilla kernel beside arch or build fixes.
-> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernelPatchAcceptanceGuidelines

of course fixes through the stable tree propagate too.

> What is the best way for me to send this? Do I send it as an attachment?
>
> Or can I simply point to the new source at e1000.sourceforge.net?
>
> Thank you
>
> Mark Allyn

we will most probably release with 2.6.18 so if you have merged your
patches there, everything is fine. please take care to feed upstream
in time so that your fixes lands.

best regards

--
maks